I love this family! I remember being on the beach and watching the weather the entire time we were taking these, because it looked like rain was imminent (and I actually do think that the rain began just as we were finishing up)!
I get asked all the time how I make decisions based on weather for beach sessions. Typically, if it’s actively raining, I will try to move or reschedule the shoot. Sometimes even just moving the time of the shoot can help, but sometimes we do end up having to switch dates. This can occasionally be challenging because most of my summer photo session families are only visiting and staying near the beach for a week or so.
I will sometimes shoot in very light drizzle, but it’s not good for you (or me) and I typically consider that to be a last resort. Depending on forecast, I’ll usually wait until around 3 hours before a session to call it off for weather related reasons. I am always more likely to call a shoot off if there are thunderstorms (because it can be dangerous) or high winds. High winds on the beach (25mph+) can mean we all take a sandblasting which can actually harm camera gear.
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW